Lovelies, as some of you know, I am a mom and have a pretty hectic schedule so finding ways to make it easier it the morning for everyone to start the day is always a challenge. I am always looking for ways of combining things I already have my kitchen like fruit, nuts, etc.
I had the opportunity to attend an amazing event hosted by the Bite Me More sisters, Julie Albert and Lisa Gnat in in partnership with Quaker Canada and they really showed us how easy it was to achieve a yummy breakfast in a quick and easy way.
There was inspiration everywhere!
I decided to make my very own Strawberry and Raisins overnight oats with a touch of cinnamon recipe. I prepped in a couple of easy steps the night before, put it in a mason jar and voila! A grab and go jar was ready for my husband and daughter.
- 1 cup One Minute Quaker Oats
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 tbsp honey, plus extra to drizzle
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch fine sea salt, optional
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries, divided (1/2 cup plus topping)
How to make it you ask?
- In a Mason jar or bowl, add Quaker Oats, coconut milk, 1/2 cup of raisins, honey, vanilla extract and sea salt. Stir to combine.
- Stir in 1/2 cup chopped strawberries and top with remaining strawberries, remaining raisins and drizzle with honey.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
You can find other yummy options HERE
These are some of the photos of my masterpiece and some highlights from the event!
I hope you enjoy my visual story.
Had the best time with the @bitememore sisters and @quakercanada as they inspired us to make delicious #overnightoats recipes.
Stay tuned for my very own masterpiece!
Here are some highlights from the event.