Hi lovelies, I didn’t want to end the year without sharing with you my latest experience in South Beach Miami which has now become by second home.
As I plan my upcoming travels to this beloved city of min in January, I want to talk about my absolute favorite spots and people down there.
I truly believe I belong in Miami. The energy, the beach, the food, the hotels, I could go on for days. Most importantly, the people I have had the opportunity to meet in Miami have made it all so special and so I have put together a list of all the spots that stole my heart and will be FOR SURE visiting in a couple of weeks.
WHERE TO STAY
- Shore Club Miami and to say this hotel exceeded my expectations would be an understatement. The decor and the staff of the hotel were absolutey amazing. The pool always had fun music playing and there was always something delicious to eat or drink. Rooms are comfy and views and breath taking
- Nautilus Hotel by Sixty is one of my favorites, it is stunning and it has a super cool vibe.
- Freehand Miami – Another favorite, this is a hotel like no other in Miami, It is completely laid back with a relaxed sense of community, colorful and made for chill guests, the party goes on all day as you can listen to some cool reggae by the pool during the day, then head over to 27 for dinner and back for drinks at Broken Shaker. This place has it all and is super close to the beach. Full post about Freehand HERE
- Sagamore Hotel -This gem is full of art, color and its perfect for those seeking that Miami nostalgia, its beautiful and very exclusive
- SLS Brickell – The pool is the absolute best part about this hotel. There is always plenty of space to lounge, the food is delicious and the drinks are to die for. You can also check out its sister hotel SLS South Beach as they are known for luxury and only the best!
WHERE TO EAT
Bodega Taqueria & Tequila is my absolute favorite Mexican food spot. Street corn and delicious tacos are to die for. Did I mention this place turns in to a night club in the back? Its a definitely a must!
- Bottomless Brunch at Nautilus South Beach
- BLT Prime Steak House at the Berkeley Hotel
- Doa Cantina Miami
- Le Sirenuse at Four Seasons Surfside
- Sweet Liberty – Wynwood
- Wynwood Diner
- Tapas & Tintos – Espanola Way – Best paella places ever!
WHERE TO PARTY
- Broken Shaker at Freehand Miami Hotel – Laid back vibe, amazing food and drinks.
- El Patio – Wynwood – For latin music lovers… get ready to shake it!
- 1 Hotel South Beach – Amazing for drinks on the rooftop patio. This hotel is the greenest and most sustainable hotel in the city.
- The Basement – Edition Hotel – Bowling alley/Hip Hop and drinks? yes please!
WHERE TO SHOP
- Wynwood has a lot of cute little shops where you can find one of a kind pieces or a bit more of a curated selection of brands like Free People
- Lincoln Road Mall is a true gem! blocks and blocks of restaurants and favorite stores like Zara, H&M, Dylan’s Candy are sure to keep you busy and entertained for hours!
PEOPLE WATCHING AND ART DECO HEAVEN FOR INSTA: Hands down Ocean Drive has tons of places to eat at and although it is a very tourist based area, the buildings are totally worth it. So much color, art deco and heritage there. Wynwood Art District is covered in beautiful murals and art is everywhere. Definitely worth checking it out!